According to a poem by the American Robert Frost, “Good fences make good neighbours”. Nothing could be truer. Fencing is a way to mark your property’s boundary. This makes it clear to outsiders where your plot of land begins. This helps prevent unnecessary disputes in the future.
A typical fence will surround an area completely. It can be made from a variety of materials, including wood, metal and stone. These are connected to anchors, which are laid down at regular intervals. The anchors give the structure durability and strength.
You also need to hire tree services companies to safely remove trees and stumps that can block the construction of your fence.
Fences are used to restrict access to an area. They can be used for a variety of reasons. A few of the most common are:
- To guard the perimeter – Perimeter fences need to be very strong and quite high. This prevents intruders from going into the property.
- Boundary demarcation– This type of fence doesn’t need to be strong, as the main purpose isn’t to discourage intruders. This is very important in cases where lots are spaced very close together.
- Decorative structure – Fences can be used to improve the decorative appeal of a property. Landscaping techniques are used to create aesthetically-pleasing, yet functional designs.
- To keep pets in – For homeowners who have pets, keeping them at a safe distance is a big concern. Fences can be used to keep them within the home’s vicinity.
- To protect plants – Gardening takes a lot of time, effort and money. Having a fence helps keep it safe from accidents.
Fences need regular maintenance, just like any other structure in your home. They are fully exposed to the elements outside. Rain or shine, they protect your valuables every day. This makes them vulnerable to damage. Metal fences can get very rusty and brittle. Wood can rot and warp, making them soft and breakable.
It’s always best to get a professional to maintain your fence every few months, even if there is no visible damage. They can check the integrity of the anchors and boards. This allows you to replace weak links in the structure before the breakage happens.
Call Townsville Tree Care for all your fencing needs, especially in removing trees during the building process.